Re: Rebellus Terminus; Lunar Orlanthi

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 18:09:58 -0700

Chris Bell wondered

> A question in regards to Pelorian Rebellious Terminous... In Peloria,
> does he actually have worship, and a cult?

Whatever for? No more than the Orlanthi worship Wakboth. Both are simply part of the mythology.

Erich Schmidt asked

> What
> is the difference between the natives of Sartar that causes such hatred when
> none seems to exist in Saird, Aggar, etc.

Most importantly, it's more recent.

But also, the Sartar royal family had a lot to lose, and may well have whipped up national fervor against the Lunars. By contrast, I certainly can't think of any Orlanthi over-kings in Saird since the Dawn.

> If Sartari freedom fighters infiltrate these Lunar/Orlanthi countries would
> they be able to start a resistance based on a similar religious stance as in
> Sartar? Or, because there are different myths would this effort meet major
> difficulties?

Several of us suspect that the Goddess may have married Orlanth (or at least her daughter married Orlanth's son, i.e. Hwarin Dalthippa and Ingkot Axe-and-a-Half) in Saird, so the different myths would present some problem. Of course, Orlanthi don't like being under anyone's yoke, and you could probably to get them to rebel if you played your political cards right.

(BTW, a similar mythic marriage took place in Tarsh, with Hon-eel.)

> I think that the worship of Orlanth in these subject countries
> has been supplanted by Air gods friendly to the Moon such as Molanni

I won't pretend to guess about Saird, but Aggar seems pretty Orlanthi. Molanni is probably considered a traitor to them as well as to the Sartarites.

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #490