Re: Glorantha Digest V4 #490

From: danny bourne <d.bourne_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 10:38:54 +0100

My poll stuff:

>On the poll:
>>(a) Came into Glorantha via gaming, as opposed to fiction? (KoS, Gray,
>etc.)

 Started playing in 1983 (I think) just once or twice, then got back into it around '86 properly.

>>(b) Still play Glorantha-based RPG's (RQ, other home-grown variants)

Only ever play RQ2 with the exception of when the Northern Games Collective come over to play and conventions when we play MOB-style MGF (However I prefer RQ2 to MGF because I like my campaigns to be serious, MGF is for fun one offs, IMO [but that doesn't mean MOB's not a top dude - and knows his Byzantium, too).

>>(c) Seriously write Gloranthan based essays or fiction (Myths, Stories,
>Poems, etc?)

Okay, here's the rub. I co-wrote a Grazepak (which Chaosium had for months) and then in May 1997 Rob Heinsoo said (after Greg had been talking to me about it at Convulsion 3d in July 1996) that they're not going to use anything from outsiders related to the Grazelands as it's a key area of their upcoming releases. I admit, it was a bit annoying, but Rob did get in touch and explain what was going on so I don't mind too much. Honest. (Sob)

Two, designed an Elric CCG, (along with Lawrence profile Whitaker) which we the converted to Glorantha. I mentioned it on the digest, no response, sent it to Chaosium, no reply.

Three, a board wargame system for Glorantha (a sort of cross between GMT's great battles and the 3W quad series - although not derivative, all genuinely thought out. It works well too, although the magic system's still formative. Sent it off to Greg, no reply.

Four, Chaosiana Magazine (with Dan Baker and Simon Bray) - some of you out there may remember this. Got two issues completed, a third almost ready. Sent a galley of issue one to the States, no reply.

Does anybody sense a pattern forming here? So now I run Mythos tournaments and demos and get plenty of replies, information and stuff to dish out to people. I'll now resend everything to Chaosium (apart from the CCG cos I think I've not got it on hard disk any more) and see what happens. But I won't hold my breath...