Peaceful Suicide, Poll

From: Philip Hibbs <PHibbs_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 19:18:28 -0400

>Strange question: if a hunter sees that he is in immanent =

>danger of death from Chaos (say, a Thanatari has him trapped =

>and will soon take his head), can he perform a Peaceful Cut =

>on himself to avoid the danger?
>I don't know why I think of this sort of thing... =

Kinda like the Jews at Masada did? They were holed up in this =

huge fort, and when the Romans came knocking on the door to =

take them as slaves to Rome, they all did themselves in, with =

the butchers showing people how to do it properly.

>(a) Came into Glorantha via gaming, as opposed to fiction? (KoS, Gray,
>etc.)

My brother (Simon Hibbs) & I started on RQ2 in ~1982 after a =

year of DnD

>(b) Still play Glorantha-based RPG's (RQ, other home-grown variants)

We both play and run RQ3 & RQ4ish games in a group of 4-6 =

players including each other on an occasional basis, I run =

RQ4ish separately occasionally. Simon also runs an Elric! =

game in Glorantha separately.

>(c) Seriously write Gloranthan based essays or fiction =

>(Myths, Stories, Poems, etc?)

Nah. Not enough time.

PHIBBS_at_compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PHibbs Burton-Upon-Trent, UK

| What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy fearful symmetry? |