Actually...

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 07:24:44 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 97-06-13 06:52:20 EDT, you write: Martin Laurie noted...

> To suggest that the Orlanthi monomyth is RIGHT is insane. It =
>
> means that every other culture in Glorantha is WRONG and frankly =
>
> this is so illogical it makes my teeth hurt. To suggest that the
> Gods are real and manipulate their worshippers runs into the =
>
> problem that the Gods myths don't match, that the worhsippers
> views don't match and the worship itself varies depending on the
> area and culuural inclinations of the said worhsippers - yet they
> still get the magic their worship defines! If this is undoubltedly =

       No, it's insane to suggest that the Orlanthi veiwpoint is right because Glorantha doesn't exist, it's a fictional construct, the only "truth" of it is either whatever Greg Stafford says at a given point in time or....whatever we gamers and fans want it to be.

      I'm gonna use the Monomyth in future games 'cause I have CoP and CoT and RQ2 and RQ3 and I don't have GRoY or the Ent-whatever and I'm not going to lay out twenty-five bucks apiece to get the Dara Happen and Pelorian viewpoints. The Monomyth is _fun_ and works for a Sartar/Prax/Pavis campaign. Not to say I'd be taking everything in JM as gospel or anything like that, just that I'm playing a _game_, not running a sociology simulation. And not to say that people can't use whatever they feel like; I certainly will accept that the "subjectivist" viewpoint is the Official and Most True veiwpoint and that all future stuff is going to likely class all previous game products as God Learnerish garbage. :)

       Maybe it's my strange perspective, but isn't this all taking a fictional construct way the heck too seriously?

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...