Five Seasons in one Day...

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 00:20:14 +0100 (BST)

Christoph Luehr wonders:
> How is the weather in Sartar in all of the 4 seasons?

*Ahem!* That's all _5_ seasons please, Tribesman. ;-) Will any _other_ Dara Happan infiltrators please make themselves known to their friendly neighbourhood Humakti?

There was a fair bit of discussion of this quite recently, so I'll be brief, and then go home and watch This Life.

> Is it like in Scotland or Wales ?

Significantly warmer in summer, but perhaps similar at the wrong end of the year.

> Or is it special ?

Well, probably. One way of looking at it is that it has similar weather to the south of France for much of the year, very roughly what you'd expect from its location, but then the Storm Tribe goes somewhat beserk in Dark and Storm seasons. Though there may be a purely mundane climatic model to account for it.

> if there is snow in Sartar in Darkseason

I'd say so. Not likely to be season-long drifts, but frequent blizzards.

> how warm is it in Fireseason.

Say, well into the 20's deg. C?

Warmly,
Alex.