Re: Glorantha Digest V4 #502

From: Ian or Katts <ianw_at_zed.com.au>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 17:58:03 -0700

(Frederic Ferro) wrote

> I have a few questions about the Pharaoh and the Holy Country :
>
> 1) Could Belinthar be a kind of GL survivor, three centuries
> after their downfall ?

More than possible. The fact he swam ashore seems to imply he didnt know how to sidestep the closing.

> 2) Did the Lunars heroquest to stop the Reincarnation process
> or was there an "accident" ?

Let's just say Jar-Eel isnt called "the Assassin" for nothing - I think she took the place of the ritual executioner during Belintar's sacrifice as year-husband in Esrolia, and then permanently did him in (probably by putting a few nasty surprises on his back road from Hell).

> 3) Why are volcanic cults associated with dizygotic rulers or gods
> (Caladra, Tarsh) ? Is it a mystery of autochthony ?

Dunno.

Ian Whitchurch

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #503