A lot of questions.

From: Marcos Martinez <marcos_at_rebelact.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 02:23:49 +0200

Hello. I am from Spain and this is the first time I write to the mailing list after a week reading it. And I write this because, here in Spain, there is little material about Glorantha and RQ; I have to suffer to get any Glorantha Material.

Even having everything that can be got nowadays, I still have a lot of questions about Glorantha and the DragonPass.

For example. Let=B4s suposse you are an Issraies Trader and you want to travel the world. Is it right to think: "Hey, let's go to the Big markets in downtown Glamour"?. How wold lunars deal with an Orlanthi Caravan goin= g
happily through their lands?. Would they just kill them? Or maybe enslave them? Or can they travel freely until finding some close-minded-Orlanthi-Hating-Yanafal Tarnils-Rambo?

Another Question. Let=B4s suppose you are a young adventurer, and you fin= d
this new Chaos cave, just waiting for a first-level adventurer to clean u= p.
And it happens that the caves are just too much for you, so you go to the nearest city, and in the tabern you shout for help. Would all Uroxi leave their beers to run and clean the caves? Would do this the very fanatic only? (Well all Uroxi are fanatic:) Would they expect a payment? Let=B4s suppose the Scorpion man leader has a map of another chaos seed. Would al= l
remaining Uroxi inmediatly rush into this new discovered chaos place? Aft= er
all, they all are quite fanatic. But, where is the point between fanatic and totally Berserk?

Another One. After two hard days, you carry your best friend=B4s dead bod= y to
the next Chalana Arroy Temple (or Shrine) hoping they resurrect him for free because this nasty broos took all your money. The priestess has the resurection spell, and right now there is nobody in the local resurrectio= n
waiting list. Would she resurrect your friend for free and the expect you to pay back in goods or in work? Or would she just negate herself until y= ou
put in her hand the cash?=20

There is a lot of small and practical information that I miss.

Another issue is the balance of the RQ rules and Glorantha. I know this i= s
the wrong place to disscuse RQ rules, but it is inevitable, since RQ is, right now, the only glasses I have to clearly see glorantha; they give me the perspective I need (although some wrong perspective).

I can=B4t imagine living in the same world my player characters, the gran= ite
phalanx, and Harrek the berserk.

the first ones are fairly powerful.

the second ones are puny and hopeless as described in TOTRM 15 (as compar= ed
to my player characters, and I think they are not precisely very powerful= )

the third is ....well, my only source of info is the token in Dragon Pass= ,
which has Combat factor 20 and can sweep out all the lunar heartland corp= s
with his left hand.

I need Perspective!! I=B4m lost.....