A lot of answers (long!)

From: Thomas Gottschall <Telmori_at_t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 22:16:56 +0200

Hi everyone,

Marcos Martinez asked :
>For example. Let's suposse you are an Issariess Trader and you want to
>travel the world. Is it right to think: "Hey, let's go to the Big >markets in downtown Glamour"?. How would Lunars deal with an
Orlanthi >Caravan going happily through their lands?. Would they just kill them? >Or maybe enslave them? Or can they travel freely until finding some
>close-minded-Orlanthi-Hating-Yanafal Tarnils-Rambo?

I think the Issariess would get no profit since he would have to pay customs every time he enters a city. And even if he menaged to avoid every city on his way some Lunar patrols would certainly make him pay "for the good streets of the Empire and the protection from scum". And then after he arrived in Glamour who would buy his goods ? I think he could make a profit. And certainly the Issariess are not seen as Orlanthi rebells who fight the Empire. But perhaps not that many Lunars would help him on his way.
>Question 2 : How fanatic are Uroxi and do they expect payment for cleaning up chaos ?
IMO the Uroxi would first end their drinks and then rush more or less with a plan and enter the caves in order to clean them. They would demand payment only if they had to rescue you not for killing chaos (like Biturian Varosh who was a "slave" for them for some years). And if they would find a map to another chaos site, they would prepare to clean it also (if it's near). But IMO they always plan first what to do and then do it.
>Question 3 : Would a Chalana Arroy resurect your friend for work and >goods or only for cash ?
IMG they would say:"Sorry, but though we could do it, we won't since we don't know if your friend would be content with it. Perhaps he will enjoy his afterlife. And we need such wonders for more important persons like our chief." So they won't do it. IMG resurection is reserved for important people like chiftains, highpriests and emergencies. So a PC will probably not get it, only on the behest of his temple he will be resurected.
>Question 4 : Balance of RQ rules and Glorantha.
What I've done is simple. I do not play by them. I see Glorantha through fiction (mainly KoS) and not through the rules book. There are so many better rules on the web that the RQ rules that I simply find more Gloranthan, so I use them. Rules exist only to provide a interface between the world and us. And they are not Glorantha. Yes, IMO they mutilate Glorantha. Play by your own rules and concentrate on storytelling, this is what I do (BTW it works!).
>Question 5 : I can't imagine living in the same world my player >characters, the granite phalanx, and Harrek the berserk.
>The first ones are fairly powerful.
>The second ones are puny and hopeless as described in TOTRM 15 (as >compared to my player characters, and I think they are
not precisely >very powerful)the third is ....well, my only source of info is the >token in DragonPass,which has Combat factor 20 and can sweep out all >the lunar heartland corps with his left hand. Why do you find the Granite Phalanx weaklings ? I've just reread the article (BTW Tales#12 not 15!) and can't feel they are weaklings. Perhaps your characters are runelords or even priests. Harrek and his (20) combat factor : Though it looks like his a single person (in the game of DragonPass) the counter isn't only Harrek. You should read "In defense of Superheroes" by Greg. There he says that Harrek is accompanied by his friends and allies. And it's his reknown that make his a 20. Imagine you as a Lunar soldier are sent to fight AGAINST Harrek. You would be frightened, wouldn't you ? But you are right that Harrek is _very_ powerful. I can only quote KoS : "And more importantly Pamalt sent his best warrior, Harrek the Berserk to fight from the south. For Harrek could never be beaten in battle either fair or foul." The man is a legend !
- --
bye, Thomas

Visit Telmori's Forest :
http://home.t-online.de/home/Telmori/telmori.htm "Historians from England will say I'm a liar, but history is written  by those who've hanged heroes." Robert the Bruce