Humath/Humakt (sever as appropriate).

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 18:38:42 +0100 (BST)

Robert McArthur:
> Take real world history: we know some things happened-100%, definitely.
> eg. the romans moved into Judea pre-0 AD.

Leaving aside the nit that there was no year 0 AD, what you seem to be doing is characterising an "absolute" as an event for which there's strong historical evidence. And yet, the sort of "absolutes" you want for Glorantha are quite different: not historical evidence (or at least, that's not what you assert in the case below), but great big objectively-experiencable signposts in the HeroPlane.

> IMHO I'm seeing too much of the 'there are no absolutes' brigade.#

Which brigade would this be? Who argues this? Why do we have to have a false choice between Everything being an Absolute, and Nothing? Let's have some absolutes, by all means, but why should this True Natures of the Gods be one of them?

> If a person heroquested following Humakt's deeds backwards, by investigation
> they will either come to a point in which Humakt was born following the
> precepts of one religious happening [...]

So essentially, you're saying that (at least) one of Humakt and Humath mythology is "wrong", and furthermore, that the worshippers ought to (be able to) realise it. I certainly don't see how they can just have failed to notice all this time, as the events in question must be among the most Quested to of either religion.

> This too is verifiable via Heroquest as all events leave their mark.

Why? What's your evidence for this contention? What's your reason for even _wanting_ this to be true?

Mystifiedly,
Alex.