Basic assumptions

From: Schmidt, Erich <SchmidtE_at_NLP01.RENSSELAER.basf-corp.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 00:44:57 -0400

>Martin Laurie

>the actual Orlanth was probably a
>famous tribal leader who used his Kolating powers to free
>his people from the rule of som oppressers - hence the
>Evil Emperor myth.

This is the problem, I am not interested in playing a sociologist. "In a fantasy game, the gods are real." I don't want to run a game in the real world with a little magic added either. What Martin mentioned above I have no problem with as far as a hero cult goes, but it can't become a full-fledged god. I guess that I am doomed "never to fully appreciate the depth and richness of Glorantha" as I consider the above to be utter bullshit.

Yes, I am aware that this is how Greg is writing his myths, and I'll deal with it. I will rewrite some and wedge together the others until I find a crisp underlying structure to it all.

I yield the field to Martin and Alex.

Erich Schmidt