Re: Sobjectivists: a proposed taxonomy.

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 16:05:15 -0500

Alex writes:
> 3) Obscure Objectivism. There's a consistent, objective reality, but
> don't ask _me_ what it is.

Has anybody noticed that this is the position in which we, the consumers of Glorantha, find ourselves? We GMs believe that FGS understands the consistent, objective reality of Glorantha, but don't ask *us* what it is! Or maybe SP is the one who understands the objective reality of Glorantha, since his writing has more of the quality of logic that we expect. And we players believe that the GM understands the consistent, objective reality of Glorantha, but have no idea whether he hides the objective truth behind the referee screen or keeps it in that mess of papers or has it encrypted somewhere on his hard drive!

> 4) Agnostic Subjectivism. Who knows? Furthermore, who cares? Reality
> is what Gloranthans experience it to be, consistency be blowed.

And this seems to be the position taken by Nick and the TotRM crew, and the Seattle Farmer's Collective, perhaps in desperation after having the rug pulled out from under them one too many times.

> 5) Solipsistic Subjectivism. Reality is created in the mind of the
> beholder. (Or the beholder's cult, or culture; scale to taste.)

Nix! Beholders are a D&D monster. Reality is created in the mind of the GM!

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #511