RE: Glorantha Digest V4 #509

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 14:18:00 -0700

>>When the lynch mob arrives, Jamuz screams "Argh, argh, help, police! Rule
of law, rule of law!" until the cops show up. *Hopefully*, they do. And protect me, rather than join the mob. Depends on how Lunar law & cops work, I freely admit.

I dunno. I think in much of Dara Happa it would go something like this:

Mob spies troll. Three-quarters flee in panic, yelling "Digijelm! Hide the children!", while the other quarter runs for the city guard.

City guard captain: "What's this!?! Fould Dijigelm! Rush 'em with longspears, lads - but mind those teeth!"

One of the guardsmen: "Wait, sir. Shouldn't we see if he has an Etyries Travel Pass, first? Maybe he's a peaceful traveller? I've heard of them before you know..."

Captain (fixing guard with a firm scowl): "Peaceful? A DarkEater? What are you, some sort of Goddess' joyboy? That beast is making trouble, disrupting the peace and attacking our peaceful citizens..... ISN'T IT,  BOY?" Guard: "Oh, I see, sir. Yes, it is!"

Fortunately, a wise troll could travel in lots of the empire, avoiding Dara Happa. It would still help to hire an Etyries guide, lest the average citizen become frightened. I'm sure that a dark troll would be a welcome curiosity in Glamour - as would one of the those "noble savage" barbarians from Dragon Pass!

Just think of the questions a Sartarite would be asked!

"Do you really live in a cave?"
"How many heads have you collected?"
"Do you have a pet stormbull?"

(to a woman) "How many people have you eaten?"

Pam

Pam