minor topics

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 12:49:14 +1200

James Turner:

>How do (did) cults originate? Especially the older ones. Did a
>primitive gloranthan look up at the sun and decide it must be a god?
>Doesn't sound right to me.

The Westerner says Yes. The Theist says No, the God told them what to do. The truth lies in between.

Mystic Musk Ox:

>Just saying "Oh their God is false" doesn't seem to help when you
>get toasted...

Methinks you misunderstoof what Martin meant by 'false'. A false god is not non-existant, he is a heretical misunderstanding of the One True God. The fact that a worshipper of the False God can still toast you only deepens the infamy of worshipper's error. As everyone knows, the worshippers of the false god will rot for their blasphemy.

Andrew Joelson:

>In the last couple of replies, I think we have been forgetting
>that non-Lunar Citizens are generally barred from entering the Silver
>Shadow Sultanate, let alone Glamour. (Genertela box.)

Are they? It says in Dragon Pass that Entrance to the confines of the crater is restricted to those of 'thick Lunar blood'. The Genertela Book itself says that the centre of the City is the Citadel of Halfway which is 'the closest most foreigners will ever get to the moon'. The City of Dreams is closed to all but the 'privileged and the sacred'. I can't find anything restricting foreign access to the Silver Shadow Sultanate.