History + Myth

From: Schmidt, Erich <SchmidtE_at_NLP01.RENSSELAER.basf-corp.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 05:47:02 -0400

"Simon D. Hibbs

Heroquesting can MAKE a myth true. After all, we are talking about myth here, not history, right?"

In Glorantha, those two things can be one and the same. A lot of myth *is* history, at least from a pre-Darkness standpoint. While it has been said that a heroquest can not really change history it can change any and all means of perceiving it. Plus, you have occurences like Belnitar dropping out of the future into the ocean. If that isn't changing the past I don't know what is.

Then again, if it was fate that sucked him out of the future, (again I wonder what future, which one?) then it wouldn't be changing the past, would it?

Erich Schmidt