LIGHTsee

From: Daniel McCluskey (Volt) <"Daniel>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 08:12:00 -0700

Thanks to James for finding a use for Darksee, or rathr for the trolls - - - -- Lightsee. Hugely in demand amongst the Uz Hoomenologists who want to read scrolls instead of eat them. Handy for casting on your pet cave troll when confronted in daylight by a mob of DaraHappans, or an itchy Sartarite chieftan ;-)

I do like the Idea that trolls will use this spell as a Religious Devotion, proving their superiority over the sun. All true Uz patriots will all want to sacrifice for this (still nearly useless) spell, as a symbol of Kyger Litor's might.

QUESTION:
Does daylight interfere with Darksense?

        I've brought that up before, but have forgotten the consensus... I'm torn between the Idea that it does -- explaining the ubiquity of LightSee as a KL spell. And the MGF of Mom Bashing PC's as filthy heathens for Sacrificing for another point of Crush instead of the religiously mandatory Lightsee... (which no Power-Gamer PC would want, on acount of her Darksence still being better than her magically enhanced eyesight).

danm