e5xf5

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 23:10:09 +0100 (BST)

Peter Metcalfe

describes part of the Clanking City, courtesy of his pineal gland, and Patrick McGoohan:
> The Village: This human enclave is very insular and aloof from
> everyone else. [...] they have listened to the words of the Prophet
> (who is known as Number One) [...] All Newcomers are thought to be
> God Learners [...]

Sound like any sort of mailing list anyone might be on?

:::::::::::
Nick Brooke
:::::::::::

on the troll who came to dinner.

> Surely within the Empire you'd have a legal status of "Wandering Monster",
> complete with a passport proclaiming this? :-)

Good plan! Instead of an "expiry date", it has stamped on it something like "D100 result: 37-39".

While the tamely ascii-rendered David Cake observes:
> We know from the Entekosiad
> that worshippers of Entekos the Dendara (Entekos the Virtuous) from Pelanda
> are able to participate in either the rituals of Entekos (reduced to the
> status of Yelms law sprinkler in Dara Happa) or Dendara (Yelms wife,
> virtuous and not much else) in Dara Happa.

Excellent example David, and one I wish I'd thought of while I was busy contriving the hypothetical Shargash/Orlanth/WKW one. And if you'll briefly permit me to add a piece of perhaps somewhat redundant emphasis:

"But not both."

And I second the nomination of Pasi Vettenranta for awards in the categories of Conciseness and Aptness.

Seeya,
Alex.