Gaming vs. arguing

From: Carl Fink <carlf_at_panix.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 12:43:56 -0400

rhwolfe_at_ix.netcom.com

> . . . You're thinking too damn hard and not playing enough. Get
>out those dice, blow the dust of your Cults of Prax, and get to it.

Invite me to play in your (Long Island-based) game.

I've been trying to find one for years. There doesn't appear to be any RQ on Long Island.

In any case, Glorantha is no longer a (the) RuneQuest setting. Chaosium has abandoned RQ and will be releasing other products using Glorantha as a setting.

Perhaps the RQ game I enjoyed the most, though, consisted of two characters (not two PLAYERS, two CHARACTERS) arguing philosophy with each other (Orlanthi Wind Lord vs. a rather bizarre illuminated mystical guy) while two other characters sat around and occasionally hecked them, panicking each other. That would have been impossible without the sort of discussion that happens on this Digest. - --
Carl Fink carlf_at_dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum
<http://dm.net>