rants

From: rhwolfe_at_ix.netcom.com
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 14:03:47 -0500 (CDT)

Hey all,

Sorry about that last post. I just re-read it and it was a lot more strident than I intended it to be. I guess I was in a pretty damn cranky mood. Happens sometimes. The chip comes from watching a game I care about slowly die because the people who own and control it either put out nothing at all (AH) or shoot off an occassional book of obscure minutia (Greg, gods bless him). And sometimes I feel like the minutia has crowded the digest to the point that people who want info that'd actually help their campaigns will be turned off reading it.

That and after a while it all starts to sound like TECH to me, and anyone who knows me knows how much I hate that crap. And sometimes, frankly, KOS and Greg's other recent works start to remind me uncomfortably of TECH manuals. All background, no character. I shudder to think of other people's Glorantha's turning into episodes of ST: VOYAGER. "Hey, I know, if we just invert the thaurocoils and realign the phases of the Moon in Saird..." Aaargh.

Ooops. My cranky meter is rising again. I guess I'll just wrap up by saying for me, it's the stories and the characters that make Glorantha interesting and attractive, and if RQ/Glorantha are going to be saved, those are the elements we should be emphasizing.

Robert