Periodical Tales

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 02:20:10 EDT

Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Steve Martin don't need no Rule #2.

Me>> Tales officially qualifies as a periodical, by Chaosium's definition, so
>> they don't have to get approval. Haven't you been listening? :)

>Tales _doesn't_ qualify as a periodical, by a _strict_ reading of
>Chaosium's definition. Have you been paying attention at all?
>Therefore either their definition isn't quite as anal-retentive as it
>sounds, or they merely reserve the right to apply it inconsistently --
>which is something of the worst of all worlds, maximum fear and
>loathing, minimum legal rigour.

Well, maybe I am one of the few, but I received two issues of Tales last year, #s 14 and 15. I have received one issue so far this year, #16, and that was in the first half of the year. So, for the last 1 1/2 years, Tales has put out an average of one issue every 6 months. That is, I believe, Chaosium's definition, is it not?

Now, I do agree that their distribution system needs a wee bit of work (i.e., lately it has sucked), but Chaosium has no strict requirement that I know of requiring that a fanzine be well-distributed.

Still young, though not as young as Nick, I youthfully remain ...

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com