Books and Pudding

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 05:39:04 -0400 (EDT)

Jane Williams noted...

> Why did GRoY and FS fail? Well to start with, they don't have any good
> stories. And to make matters worse, they're about Solar cultures. Solar
> cultures are male-dominated and bureaucracy-ridden and bound by
> convention and prudery. I already live in a world like that, and have no
> desire to have a clone of it creep into my roleplaying. Sartarites are
> fun, interesting, and sympathetic. Trolls are fun and interesting.
> Yelmites are not. Purely a matter of taste, I'm sure.

       Yup, probably right about taste; sounds like I'd not like them either. Still, it is an area that should be developed if we should ever see a future Gloranthan game. I'm sure it can be done in an interesting fashion when the time comes. My nasty side is tempted to suggest that the similarities to the Real World you note might be why some folk who crave a "realistic culture" like solars. :)

        By the way, at the risk of my being horrified, what _is_ black pudding? Sounds scary; the most frightening thing I've eaten myself is porcupine. :)

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...