Sun Dragon

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 16:51:56 EDT

The original Sun Dragon cult was supposed to be published in The Big Rubble, but was never actually written, even in draft form.

According to Greg, the cult was more like a subcult of Yelm, really, and had only one special spell: Telekinesis, used by the handless wyrms and griffins to do stuff that hands are good for.

I would suggest, given the mention of a human member who was one of the Seventeen Foes of Waha, that a human who did succeed in the cult would instead get Flight, to make up for his lack of wings.

Of course, I treat the "five skills" necessary to join as Ceremony, Fly, Bite Attack, and two other skills which would be difficult for a human to acquire. This makes it obvious why humans rarely if ever join.

Trotsky (and others) on Hsunchen

Everyone who has commented has left off the fact that most troll worshipers of Aranea technically count as hsunchen, as do most Gorakiki worshipers. I would think troll groups would find it easier to be Snail Hsunchen then to be Wolf Hsunchen. Crab Hsunchen are a possibility for Sea Trolls or the trolls of Koromondal, perhaps.

And who says there are no penguins in Glorantha? I'm all for Penguin People to the north of the White Sea, on that stretch of land beneath the Glacier.

And I would think that the _triolini_ would have quite a few very different fish hsunchen religions -- Shark Hsunchen, Moral Eel Hsunchen, Stingray Hsunchen, Electric Eel Hsunchen, Whale Hsunchen, Dolphin Hsunchin, Hammerhead Shark Hsunchen, Clam Hsunchen (definitely not nomads), Crab Hsunchen, Squid and/or Octopus Hsunchen, etc. Even Starfish hsunchen. Maybe.

I can even _almost_ imagine certain groups of elves having plant-related groups similar to hsunchen -- Oak Tree Clans, who can turn into trees; Briar Patch Hsunchen; Venus Flytrap Hsunchen. Now, remember, I said _almost_!

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com