Well, well, well . . .

From: Carl Fink <carlf_at_panix.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 18:53:54 -0400

Arnold Andersson <arnold_at_otto.mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de>
>Geases and what not to do:
>
>>>Carl Fink says:
>
>>> I'd expand that geas to forbid eating any root crop, peanuts,
>>> and water drawn from a well.
>
>>Ed Tonry says:
>
>>Chalana Arroy cultists also leave the well alone. <GD&R>
>
>Could you, or someone else, please expand a bit on this?
>Why would a CA cultists not drink from a well, and what
>does <GD&R> mean (GD = Glorantha Digest?).

It's a pun. The "well" aren't sick, so the healers leave them alone.

"GD&R" is "Grin, Duck, and Run".

On the tradition thread: I assume we all know that the kilt was invented by an English factory owner? It's as traditionally Scottish as the potato is traditionally Irish.
- --
Carl Fink carlf_at_dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum
<http://dm.net>