Past Digests, change of heart, the Penguin

From: Joseph Troxell <jmt107_at_psu.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 14:04:57 -0400

It's been said before, and I'll say it again. It's amazing how many digests pile up when you don't read 'em for a few days. I think I was like 50 behind at one point.

I think I've had a real change of heart on the sub/obj arguement from skimming over those 50 digests. Well, something of a change of heart. The engineer in me is convinced that there is a set of laws of nature that define how Glorantha and its dieties operates. However, I don't think that really matters or is important. In fact, thinking about that too much seems to muddle the mind (or at least mine, which is fairly sieve-like). One of the great parts of Glorantha is having conflicting POVs and cultures. So, Krit Greywald, initiate of Humakt, still does think that the Lunars should go home and 99.9% of YT worshippers (he has to admit, he has met one that is ok) are scum-sucking, back-stabbing, honorless baby-killers. Doesn't mean he's right, but figuring out the nature of the universe will dilute the character. Speaking of Lunars go home, all I can think of is the scene from "Life of Brian." Better train up that read/write New Pelorian!

Someone mentinoed penguin hsuchen. There better be penguin hschuen, and their leader better look an awful lot like Burgess Meredith with a fake nose and belly. And there should be cat hsuchen led by Julie Newmar and bat hsuchen by Yvonne Craig (or Adam West I suppose, but I'd much rather meet Yvonne).