'66, and a' that.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 18:53:42 +0100 (BST)

Scott Haney wimps out at awful offal:
> The thought of ``lutefisk haggis'' was too much for me

Not as bad as bludfisk, though, you must admit.

> It's not supposed to taste like haggis.

A worthwhile motto for anyone, I feel.

The one confession I must make to Spurious Scottishisms in Sartar is the name of the game "Iorgh!". The blame for the game itself is both less, and more easily spread, so I don't overly castigate myself for that.

> I'll lift a Laphroigh for my fellow Digesters tonight!
> (Fully confident that probably only Alex will know if I spelled that
> correctly.)

Somehow, I suspect you may underestimate the dipsomania of the list. ;-) Anyway, how are you planning to ensure my silence? Bribery in above kind, perhaps? My own theory about the names of Islay malts is that "spell Bunnahabhain" is a roadside sobriety test, whilst "pronounce Bruichladdich" is merely a yet more cruel version of the standard Scottish placename/English tourist shibboleth.

Rich Meints:
> Since many people have been commenting on their age, I thought I
> would put in a good word for 1966. Colin Phillips, David Scott,
> David Gadbois, and I were all born during the year of the Horse.

Fifthed! I mostly tend to keep quiet about it, lest it be mentioned that a) makes me Extremely Old (in the opinion of certain Insolent Young Pups); and b) there was a certain incident that year involving two-goal hattricks (though people from Dumbarton can't afford to take football too seriously). On a happier note, I think '66 can also take the credit for miniskirts and the 1st edition of WBRM (though being zero at the time, my memory's a tad fuzzy on those subjects).

> [my Index] As of today it is virtually sold out.

Eek! Is it still being sold by mail-order, though? Or should I just wait for the Second, Even More Definitive version? ;-)

Skol,
Alex.

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #539