Panic

From: ANDOVER_at_delphi.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 20:27:05 -0400 (EDT)

Plutarch writes of the sailor who heard the wail during the reign of Tiberius: "Great Pan is dead!"

In Gloranthan terms, three things occurred to me -- 1. There are lots of dead Gods in Gloranthan mythologies -- but some are deader than others. Are the different types of death of Gods comparable to the different values of infinity?
2. The Christians claimed this phrase for their own -- with particular attention to the reign, claiming that it marked the expulsion of "demons" from the Earth. Do the Malkioni make the same claims against the Theists? 3. There must be Gloranthan words based on the characteristics of the Gods, just as we have everything from jovial to mercurial to martial to panic. What are they? I imagine "bullish" in Theyalan cultures has a different connotation (more berserk and less stubborn) than it does in English.

Jim Chapin