sorcery

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 21:15:34 -0800

>In RQ3, to do the same trick you have to
>relearn it "from scratch", which is altogether easier in most cases for
>a sorceror than for a spirit magician.

        Actually, it was really hard for an RQ3 sorcerer, for whom relearning meant relearning, which took a minimum of 50 or 100 hours, I think. Not as dangerous as for a spirit magician, but not always easier.

        However, RQ3 sorcerery magic items conferred knowledge of the spell when held, but no casting %age. So, while almost useless to someone who didn't know the spell (and thus got a great magic bonus chance to cast it), sorcerers could use magic items as an alternative to keeping things in mind.

        David