coupla topics

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 23:24:19 +1200

Kenth Eriksson:

>So now I'm wondering...Where exactly are the Machine City Ruins?

The location is given in the Holy Country Map from the Runequest Companion. The largest and southernmost God Forgot Isle in the Genertela Book actually has a bay on its south shore. Within that bay is a smaller island. Upon that Island is the Clanking City.

Jane Williams:

>Now, where can I fit Italian, Greek, and Indian cookery?

Italian cooking (sans tomato and pasta) would be found in Ralios. Greek cooking will be found in Umathela (mainly because of the Patriach of Nikosdros). Indian Cooking (sans the chili peppers of the Fire Elves) will be found in Fonrit. IMO these are general guides (~75% correct) and not exact parallels that ought to be followed in every detail.

Jim Chapin:

>1. There are lots of dead Gods in Gloranthan mythologies -- but some are
>deader than others. Are the different types of death of Gods comparable to
>the different values of infinity?

I would draw a distinction between the death of the actual god and a extinction of a cult to that god. Genert is a dead god. The Sun Dragon is a dead cult (among humans) although the Sun still lives.

>2. The Christians claimed this phrase for their own -- with particular
>attention to the reign, claiming that it marked the expulsion of "demons"
>from the Earth. Do the Malkioni make the same claims against the Theists?

It would perhaps be the cornerstone of the Great Compromise (Malkioni equivalent). In order to save the world, they had to expel all the gods from it.