not really....

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 07:55:35 -0500

Martin Dick:
> ...we can explain the victory of Argrath by saying that the myths of
> the orlanthi Sartarites in some way are "better" than the Lunar's
> myths and this allows them to defeat the Lunars.

        Not better, more diverse. Argrath copied many Lunar techniques, most notably the forming of units similar to the Lunar College(s) of Magic. The Lunar techniques were superior in producing the desired effects, (I did not say better, or morally sound).

        Then he got his hands on Draconic powers. Viz, the many instances  of Argrath summoning Dragons. I mean, if one Dragon seems to be a fair match for the Crimson Bat, how do you stop a guy who summons them in such numbers?

                        Andrew

"The Muse struck me the other day, but I am recovering nicely"