A few questions I've been saving.......

From: House Hammersmith <hammer-s_at_odyssey.com.au>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:47:43 +1000

Greetings,
I've been setting up to take over our game for my stint as GM when our party reaches Horn Gate in Prax, approx 1 week prior to Sacred Time.  Now the first problem is I'm sure that I've seen write up/map of this area (Horn Gate) and for the life of me I can't find it amongst my many sources. Does such exist or have I just been out in Prax too long (I might be confusing it with the Adari TOTRM writeup)?  The year is fast coming to a close; is the Sacred Time really a time to take shelter and keep one's head down? Should I be S**T scared to be caught out in the open around then? What would be the weather events encountered? We've been playing that the day and months runic association decide the weather pattern and intensity; is the feeling that the season and weeks would be very defined in their start and end weather wise? Eg. the weather patterns don't gradualy meld into one another but Sea moves into Fire season and Prax starts to bake day 1 of Fire, or is the season weather merge a more probable one?  Now assuming that the Sacred Time is not a good time to be out how do the Tribes manage? Would a mini tent city have arisen around Horn Gate of those poor unfortunates and tribes seeking shelter? Would some form of hard shelter be required?(Harder than a tent).  What land marks and people subsist there? I know that a number of Chalana Arroy cultists are present and probably the ever present Orlanti pain-in-the-butt's (Lunar party leader), what number and level's are likely to be present? Would one of the dominant Herd tribes of the area be in nominal control?
 After Sacred Time I believe the Tribes divide into their smaller clan units and are thinly scattered over the Prax grazing area from the Storm Walk Mtns to the Zola Fel to maximize the use of the good grazing available; at what stage/time would you think that they would migrate towards and concentrate around the Zola Fel? What size do you think the clan units would be? I would think it would vary with the animal type involved but I'm not sure what a minimal sustainable number would be. What do you believe will be the effect of the Lunar/Sable domination of the river valley grazing at the hight of the water shortages in Fire season?
 That's more than enough for now, if your still reading I thank you and look forward to your responses...Oh; for the age poll..1969 was a good year for me. I've been told that I've seen man land on the moon but the event is more than a little fuzzy in the memory. Regards Paul Johnson.