Ernalda

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 13:59:00 -0700

> In practice, the transition
> from "our local gyda, who leads our prayers to Ernalda", to "great
> heroine whom we honour as a daughter of the Earth" is likely to be
> a relatively slow, fuzzy, and potentially somewhat erratic one.
>As it should be: and it looks like we've got a rule system here that
>makes it possible. But it occurs to me that that was a fair description
>of that Theya woman we keep hearing about: which implies that their
>campaign already has such a rule system. Pam? Jeff?

Whaaa... huh? I kind of missed the discussion, I'm afraid. Rules? We uses Pendragon Pass, or an even more "Rules Lite", impromptu system when we get to wierd magic. Roleplaying works for us, with an occasional trait roll and a Ritual and Religion skill roll now and then. How do you get to be a priestess? By having lots of cows, lots of kids, and keeping them all alive. Throwing a Heal Body on the chief's son now and then helps, as does establishing a shrine and going on a dangerous pilgrimmage. Discover some local secrets or spirits, lead some rituals, and participate in the community decision making sessions. It is important to remember that any holy person has to be trusted and sanctioned by the community, not just meet some skill criteria and have killed x-number of broos.

Did I miss the point?

(Plug, plug) Enclosure will have the complete PDP rules and an article with several examples of community heroquests for Heortling/Sartarites, with loads of other cool Orlanthi bits. It will also include some new stuff on the Lunar Empire, including (but not limited to) Alkoth, a fabulously fun city commonly known as the Empire's primo holiday locale!

Really! Check it out!

Pam