Yelmalio & Grain; Dinosaurs of Dragon Pass

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 18:30:34 -0700

As to Yelmalians eating grain:

Surely no sedentary culture that denied themselves the principal source of calories would survive.

Fortunately, they don't. If they did, they wouldn't frequent the Graineaters Glade, to be found in New Pavis, in the Suntown neighborhood. This tavern is sponsored by the very Sun Dome temple itself.

If you need more evidence, Ernalda is generous. Surely she wouldn't give Yelmalio Bless Crops if he couldn't use it for his own benefit.

I have a question about Dragon Pass: what sort of dinosaurs might one find there? The board game has trachodons, brontosaurus, pterodactyl, and triceratops. The Genertela book says there are occasionally carnivorous dinosaurs in the Grazelands. I couldn't find much more -- I guess dinosaurs never made it to a distribution map like the weird species listed in the Gloranthan Bestiary.