Prax, Season's and Everything...

From: House Hammersmith <hammer-s_at_odyssey.com.au>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 05:18:56 +1000

Greeting's all..
First I'd like to thank David Dunham and Nick Brooke for their help in answering some of my question's back in Digest #544. But I'm still confused.....I guess it's the very nature of Sacred Time that seem's to be be the crux of my failure to understand. I was working under the assumption that this season held importance for Lhankor Mhy and Issaries and in a minor way Orlanth. This information I garnered from the calander of holy days in CoP which shows 2 high holy days for the first two. I do remember that it was a bad time to surf the Puzzel cannal in old Pavis as you could end up on the river Styx (not good!)...so is this period of time of importance to all cults? What's the deal? Now having that off my chest; David Dunham in describing the under passages of horn gate ...
> As I recall running it, there's a big underground complex, which I >portrayed as being seriously scary.
Chaos? Krarsht? Some sort of Eiritha temple (since I assume it may in some way be connected to the Paps to the north since the whole area is part of the Eiritha Hills? ) please, please, elaborate.  With your statement that the Praxian tribes would gather together at sacred time...so are you implying that it is more of a "safety in numbers" requirement for protection from spirits on the loose around this time rather than shelter from physical elements? (sorry if I've explained this poorly)

Nick B.
>I'm not sure Sacred Time is "a bad time to be out" -- it may just be >that it's "a good time to be involved in sacred rituals", unless you >want to be left out from the Good Luck of the reborn world for the >coming year...

Do a majority of HQ's start now to secure a good next year? I'm sorry to labour this point but I'm floundering here (not the fish). I remain in your debt..Paul J.