ducks and fools

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 21:04:13 +1200

D Taylor:

>1) Do Dragon's Pass Orlanthi use crossbows, and if so are they a clan
>specialized weapon, or strictly personal preferance?

AFAIK no. They are more likely to use self bows. (Some clans in Tarsh claim descent from Jorganos Archer and so would use composite bows instead). Only those Orlanthi who are closely associated with the Mostali (like a clan that lives near Dwarf Run) would be found with a crossbow.

>2)What is the current Durulz population of Dragon's Pass and how are
>they distributed?

Questlines quotes a population of 8500 for ducks in Sartar in 1610 which goes down to 7000 in 1621 after the Duck Hunt instigated by Fazzur. But then again most of the hunters were probably Orlanthi.

The Ducks are situated in and around Duckpoint and the Upland Marsh. They are able to live in the marsh despite the presence of Delecti and his corpus of undead horrors. Indeed they can survive there much better than the Lismelder tribe with its force of anti-undead humakti. That is why they haven't been wiped out. Although I wonder exactly how the ducks are able to withstand the likes of Delecti.

>3)Where can I find the writeup for the Eurmal cult? We've been faking it
>for a long time, but I'd like to see something a little more concrete. I'd
>greatly appreciate someone e-mailing me the cult writeup if possible.

Questlines (available from your ToTRM rep?) has the Chaosium Writeup of the Trickster Cult. His most common aspects in Dragon Pass are the Firebringer, Fool and Seducer (although other aspects are known IMO). All of these aspects have the spells listed in Gods of Glorantha. The Firebringer is the aspect of Eurmal when he is worshipped with the other Lightbringers (and the other aspects of his are firmly given the boot).