Legalese & TBoDR, VP

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 02:37:45 EDT

To All:

Peter Donald made some extremely excellent points in Digest #547. The first actual information (as opposed to opinion) I think anyone on the Digest has brought to the discussion.

The whole situation reminds me of squatter's rights -- if you let someone camp out on your property for free long enough, they end up owning it. Or at least they used to, the law might have changed.

On a similar note, I need to thank Rob Heinsoo and Greg Stafford for some Eleventh Hour assistance in getting The Book of Drastic Resolutions, Volume Prax ready in time for publication. It is now at the printers!

So that this can qualify as a press announcement, The Book of Drastic Resolutions, Volume Prax will be officially released at Gloranthacon V in British Columbia on July 25th or 26th. It will be generally available from me and a number of other sources after that.

The book is 100 pages, and contains, among other things, three cult write-ups (Oakfed, Basmol, Yelorna), 13 pages of Plunder, statistics for twenty-two animals and other creatures, new Spirit Cults, erratta for Star Lore and Nomad Gods, and a detailed two-page map of the southern Wastes. There is material by Greg Stafford, Sandy Petersen, Scott Schneider, Erich Schmidt, Shannon Appel, James Frusetta, Peter Metcalfe, Neil Robinson, Brian Hebert, John Dales, Eric Rowe, Steve Perrin, Rudy Kraft, and (of course) a lot of stuff by me. Most of the artwork, including the front cover, is by Simon Bray, with some art by William Church, Brad Foster, and Louise Perenne reprinted from previous works.

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com