HQ support

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 15:24:43 +0200

This is slightly old (still catching up):

Chris Bell:
> IMO, HQ Support can take a certain number of forms. In the case of
> Harrek, it seems that performing RW acts that prepare you for repeating
> them on the God Plane can store up a 'reserve' of support points (in the
> case of YAHQ) that can be used to accomplish a specific mythic end.

Alex:
> I don't think that's the sort of thing people are talking about when
> they say "support". What's being discussed (other participants please
> correct me if I'm wrong) is the "support" gained by the quester(s) from
> people _outside_ the quest, or at least, not in it in the obvious sense.

Alex is probably right here, but Chris' idea is a very good one. I will try to work something like that into the next version of YAHQS (which will also include ritual rules and improved rune rules [gasp]). I'm not making any promises as to when this will see the light of day...

Michael Cule:
>We also need a mechanic for forced apotheosis: the point at which the
>Hero can no longer exist on the Mundane Plane.

IMO such a mechanism is as unnecessary as one for free will. The hero "retires" to the otherworld (like Arkat) when he/she/ it gets too "bored" with the mundane world. Spend enough time dealing with myths and gods and you'll become too alien to fit in any more. Or something like that. It could be roleplayed, not mechanized.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689