Re: The Trouble with Pendragon

From: Mmohrfield_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 10:17:43 -0400 (EDT)

Michael Cule writes about the problems that he has with Pendragon, namely that a combination of a high skill and a successful Passion roll can lead to situations were a character can automatically critically succeed at any task. I can see a couple of possible solutions to this. 1. Make it harder to increase skills above 20. Stephen Lucek has already suggested that skills this high should only be allowed to be increased by experience, rather than by Glory. My own idea would be to allow them to increase by Glory, and not by experience. 2.Decrease the benefits that are received by a successful Passion roll. Rather than increase a skill by 10 for a simple success and double it for a critcal success, you might increase the skill by ,for example, POW/4 for a simple success and twice that for a critical.
                                                                         Mark
Mohrfield