Various Fried Bread

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 97 03:24 MET DST

Alex asked:
>Q: What do Uzhim on Valind's Glacier sing to a Hollri on his birthday?

Food Song?

HOWARD_FIELDING
> A] Can anybody tell me the true name of that city known as the
> Clanking City...I'm sure i've seen it somewhere but can't think where.

Locsil. It's in Uz Lore, Troll Pak.

Apropos Clanking:
Last German RQ-Con (or at least on the way there) I had the idea for a sort of campaign: "Dorastor is for wimps!" in which various visitors to the Machine Ruins would tell their tale of woe and how they escaped by sheer luck. Sadly my lack of time hasn't left me too productive wrt this, but I'll gladly collect any submission for my web page...

Michael Cule clears Pam's confusion about Fried Bread.
>"Carlson, Pam" <carlsonp_at_wdni.com> she say:
>> in England, a toasted cheese sandwich is just FRIED BREAD! Yup - that's
>> right. They just pop the bread in a pan and fry it in butter - no
>> cheese, nothing. (It's true! Even MOB commented on it after a
>> Convulsions a while ago.)

>Umm, I think the stuff you are confusing with Toasted Cheese Sandwiches is
>what we call Fried Bread. We eat it with egg, bacon and other sundries for the
>Classic English Breakfast. (Heart failure on a plate.)

Actually, it is tooth failure. Cost me half a molar on Convulsion '94 (no joke...)

obTeeth/Glorantha/real world chemistry:
Could it be that amalgamated silver would qualify as tarnished if encountered in Glorantha? Does that mean that Jaldon Toothmaker is a Thanatari hero? (That he is a dentist, or at least dental technician, is well documented - in his myth, plus he is known for wanton cruelty, and thorough plundering of his patients in Dragon Pass... Correct me if I'm wrong, but Greg has an uncle named Jaldon who is a dental technician. Daniel?)

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #561