Re: Glorantha Digest V4 #562

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 18:46:24 -0400 (EDT)

Jeorg Baumgartner notes....

> I don't think that Yelmalio was part of Argrath's Ritual of the Net, since
> this included only the Dead Gods assembled in Hell. Whatever you want to
say
> about Yelmalio, Hell is a place he hasn't visited.
>
> Do you have a specific reason to eliminate Yelmalio from the array of
> surviving deities? There is sort of proof that even some of the deities
who
> should have participated in the Ritual of the Net did survive, at least I
> wonder what god was the patron of the library in New Jonston.

         I'm pretty much trying to do Something Completely Different while still being in Glorantha using Argrath's actions as a rationale for getting rid of the greater gods. It won't be a "proven" fact that Argrath got all the gods gobbled up by Wakboth; the objective truth will be the absence of the gods but the reason for their absence will be somewhat subjective. I'm departing rather severely from Gloranthan Orthodoxy for this campaign.

      Silly question: how does one pronounce "Jeorg"? I've observed that the letter "J" is pronounced (or not) in a lot of different ways depending on one's language.

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham....