Baumgartner Argrathi.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 02:42:54 +0100 (BST)

Klyfix_at_aol.com:
> It won't be a "proven" fact that Argrath got all the
> gods gobbled up by Wakboth; the objective truth will be the absence of the
> gods but the reason for their absence will be somewhat subjective. I'm
> departing rather severely from Gloranthan Orthodoxy for this campaign.

That sounds pretty orthodox to me; after all, Greg's stated both that 4/5th Age Glorantha is (at least somewhat) earth-like, and basically (manifest) Godless; and that KoS is a pack of lies^H^H^H^Hsomewhat possibly contradictory and less than 100% accurate material. You're in the clear!

> Silly question: how does one pronounce "Jeorg"?

I have no idea! However, _Joerg_ -- ;-) -- 'oe' is alternative orthography for \"{o}, if you speak LaTeX (o with two dots above)

> I've observed that the letter "J" is pronounced (or not) in a lot
> of different ways depending on one's language.

German is with the Conglomerated Union of Teutonic and Nordic Languages on this one. Then you have the Allied Iberian Craft Federation (somewhat like a gutteral 'ch', with plenty of phlegm in it), and for once, English sits fairly tamely in the middle of the Generic and Municipal Romance Languages and Affliated Tongues. Who did I miss?

Solidaritily,
Alex.