Fast and Bulbous Digests.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 14:50:32 +0100 (BST)

Nick Brooke (and Chris Ward) complain of Sufficiently Primative Mailers:
> PS: My Compu$erve mailing software handles Big Digests (>24K or so) worse
> than the itty-bitty 20K ones we're used to.

I don't know how many people this is an option for, but Undigesting software may be a way to go. As a die-hard user of said programs (why Page Down, when you can Next, sez I), large digests are fine and hunky-dorey with me. But then again, de mailoribus non disputandum est.

> Frequent Dailies indicates interest and activity
> on the list, not a failure in the digesting software.

Trouble is, at least recently, the mail-server seems to have been working on the "omnibus" principle. (None for a while, then three come at once.) So they're more numerous, but not, practically speaking, more frequent. Something of the worst of both worlds...

Cheers,
Alex.