Traits lists

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 11:30:16 +0100

Just two notes on the stuff Andrew sent in about Personality traits:
  1. I'm intrigued but a bit alarmed too at the thought of different lists for different cultures. I can see that it would work and it makes sense of why cultures clash: they have different ways of modelling human behaviour. But it would mean a lot more book-keeping.
  2. I don't think Chaotic/Natural should be on anyone's list. The existence of Chaos as a perverting and destroying force is just about universal and I think we can take the degree to which a being is tainted with it as being an objective measure not part of personality traits. Of course some cultures will see being tainted with Chaos as A Good Thing but that's another matter.
    • -- Michael Cule