Re: Yelmalio's breakfast

From: Jane Williams <janewill_at_mail.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 19:19:51 +0000

Joerg (welcome back, BTW) points out that:
>As far as I have caught up the digest, nobody has proposed the obvious:
>sunflower seeds.

You know, you're right. No-one's noticed that they grow in Glorantha, either, but they obviously do. I would tentatively suggest that any group of Elves with a Solar bias should grow the Niven version of sunflowers on their borders (if you haven't read Ringworld then do so.)

He may well appreciate other forms of cereal, too? I believe oats were deemed allowable. And, I would suggest, oranges and other citrus fruit (being round and vaguely sun-coloured). So perhaps he would enjoy a morning bowl of muesli, using orange juice rather than milk. If you haven't tried this, I'll tell you now: it's nice.

The alternative theory, that Yelmalio prefers sunflower seeds to all other foods, proves beyond all doubt that Yelmalio is a hamster. A HQ to determine the extent of his furriness will be needed to test this hypothesis - any volunteers?

Jane Williams                     jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/index.shtml