Re: Eurmal, seducers

From: Jane Williams <janewill_at_mail.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 19:19:51 +0000

Following the discussion between David C and Peter Metcalfe with interest...

>> The Firebringer is the aspect of Eurmal when he is
>>worshipped with the other Lightbringers (and the other aspects of
>>his are firmly given the boot).
>Not only is the Seducer aspect spell the spell Eurmal grants to his
>associated lightbringers, but the seducer aspect is the one that Eurmal
>actually uses on the Lightbringer Quest,...
Well, among others. There's also "when everyone had been lost, he found them and brought them together again", though I don't know enough about Eurmal to assign this to an Aspect. It doesn't sound quite the same as the Firebringer to me.

> So I think the seducer aspect of Eurmal is worshipped, if somewhat
> grudgingly,

Why grudgingly? This is Orlanthi we're discussing, not prissy Yelmies. There's a difference between the Seducer and the Rapist: in fact, I see the Seducer as an aspect of Orlanth Adventurous myself. Of course, I'm assuming here that "seducing" was really what happened to Sinjota.....

Jane Williams                     jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/index.shtml