grumpy

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 21:46:39 -0800

(continuing bickering with Peter)
>>but the seducer aspect is
>>the one that Eurmal actually uses on the Lightbringer Quest, when he
>>seduces Sinjota to allow Orlanth to kill her partner Kaldar.
>
>[Puts on Traditionalist Grey Sage Beard and/or casts Lie]
(and then goes on to outright deny the myth mentioned above, which appears in most versions of the LBQ)

        I find myself unable to decide whether I am outraged at the audacity of Peter to resort to (as he so often does) not only ignoring myths he doesn't like, but insisting that everyone else does so as well, or filled with laughter at the mention of the Lie spell involved, or simply stunned at the double audacity of brazenly admitting it all.

Arkati again
>C'mon! It's a secret society, not an august society of fulltime
>sorcerers.

        As I mentioned before in my last message on Arkati, I think you are deciding that the Arkati (thats all Arkati, everywhere, it seems) are a secret society, the uz equivalent of the troll Illuminati (the Halikiv Obscuranti?), ignoring the Troll Gods writeup because it doesn't agree with you, and then sounding abusing me for having the temerity to take it in any way seriously. After all, you are a much more authoritative source than any mere published rules!

>>far away from cult centres of power, though, most Arkati are full
>>timers. [...] In Dagori Inkarth, uz join the cult because they want
>>to become sorcerers (and they are accepted because the sorcerers
>>want apprentices).
>
>You're arguing from the roolz again.

        I furthermore find the rhetorical tactic whereby any reference to allocation of time spent in activity by you is reasonable, but by me constitutes an argument from 'the roolz', to be tiresome. Get a grip.

>How are the Uz sorcerers
>going to get their daily food trollkin if they work full time at
>their sorcery?

        In return for sorcerous services? As obscure but revered religious functionaries? Whatever.

        Why should an Uz sorcerer (with religious status) be intrinsically less able to sustain themselves than any other?

        Jeers

                David