Wastebaskets/Apocrypha

From: rmeints_at_e-mail.com
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 07:18:05 EDT

Hello,
Subject: Wastebaskets/Apocrypha

Several opinions have been expressed about how we should refer
to Greg's unpublished stuff...

I'm all for just saying it's unpublished and leave it at that.
Why bother tagging it with a value judgement? If you don't want
to use it, then don't. If you love it, use it. Or even better,
expand upon it. Greg has stated numerous times that he throws
out a lot of rough ideas and hopes that other people will run
with them. As for refering to Greg's unpublished stuff as
apocryphal, I find it overkill and prone to mis-spelling by me.

Benedict Adamson has his doubts abouts free will vs. traits...

I find it a little contradictory that he "doesn't like the idea
of having to dictate how players should play", but then creates
a sanity stat that will inevitably stop them from playing the
character at all. Also, as has been stated previously, the
Pendragon rules clearly state that players can ignore the
results of trait roles and do what they want. The trait will
probably go down, but they still get to act exactly as they
want to. You can have a Generous of 20 and still decide to
let the beggars starve by not putting a coin in their cups,
but when you do that you will end up with a Generous of 19
or possibly less.

Life of Moonson Signups...

There are still a few spots left in Life of Moonson at
Victoria Con. Please sign up with Neil Robinson or
David Hall ASAP. Even if you are playing in the other
LARPS you can sign up. Snipping out a couple of
characters is not that easy. SIGN UP NOW!!!!

Take Care,
Rick Meints, Education, Training & Development, 8-737-2126
Mobile: 0976-686-454           Internet: RMeints_at_e-mail.com