Abilities in HQs

From: Benedict Adamson <ben_at_cd.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 14:03:33 +0100

"Jane Williams" <janewill_at_mail.nildram.co.uk> wrote
> ...If you do the SLBQ, and do a mega-depth-shift
> to turn it into the real thing, it'll take 14 days. (And you'll have to
> be very attuned to the HP to shift it). Or rather, you will experience
> several years worth of danger, and will return (or not) to find that 14
> days have passed at home. (And, I suspect, you'll only get 14 days worth
> of healing, MP recovery etc. en route. While taking several years worth
> of damage.)

Why should you receive years worth of damage but only days worth of healing? Is the power of Death different from Fertility in its scaling on HQs? Is Chalana Arroy useless on the LBQ? I think the availability of healing on a HQ would be determined in a similar way to the availability of any other ability: by the myth(s) enacted on the quest. Thus someone playing Orlanth on a quest can always (try to) kill things during a quest, because he has a (mythic) warrior aspect, and someone playing Chalana Arroy can always (try to) heal things during the quest. If the Orlanth actor segues The Arming of Orlanth HQ into the LBQ, he will have enhanced fighting ability during the LBQ. If the Chalana Arroy actor segued a Gathering of Herbs (or whatever) HQ into the LBQ, she would have enhanced healing ability during the LBQ. Someone playing Orlanth Frees Heler (when he kills the water dragon) would not have access to ANY healing during the quest, since Orlanth acted alone and does not have healing powers. Someone wanting healing during Orlanth Frees Heler would have to create a new, perhaps composite HQ path (myth); e.g. the Water Bringers Quest, with all the problems that entails.