Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #8

From: Zantras_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 14:31:37 -0400 (EDT)

I'm somewhat of a newcomer to the list, but I don't agree with all the Tolkien talk. Personally, I think Christopher Tolkien wrote those books himself. I mean, come on. In reference to all of Tolkien's works that we KNOW he wrote, they pale in comparison. I read Unfinished Tales 1. Well, I can truthfully say that I only started it. A few stories were good, as with Turin and Ulmo, but some of them bored me to no end. The Silmarillion wouldn't even have been in print if it weren't in J.R.R's will to have it made so. The idea of his son cashing in on his father's name and writing fame makes me a bit angry, but that's beside the point.