Heros and Stars

From: Nikk Effingham <wal_at_eff.u-net.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 00:21:21 +0100

Sandy on Heros:

> Hero: One common non-subjective definition of a Gloranthan hero
>is "an individual whose accomplishments are so impressive that a new
>star appears in the sky to mark them." Note that this is even true for
>troll heroes; however, their stars appear in the Hell Sky, and so are
>normally invisible.

        I have a question -- does having a star grant any bonuses to a Hero, I'm not talking about just numerical skill advantages such as +50% to all skills or any other such thing, but does possession of a star aid a Hero in a way we can quantify??? If not, then why do people HQ to get a star??? Or is possession of a star merely a by-product of having achieved the status of Hero and therefore automatically occurs??? Does the star appear there because of the will of the Hero, or the will of the Community supporting the Hero? I had always assumed that stars only played a significant role in Dara Happan, and perhaps Kralorelan, culture.

Nikk E.

Nikk the Broo Shaman of Thed
http://www.personal.u-net.com/~eff

    "If absolute power corrupts absolutely,