Ticklish Stuff

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 08:37:52 -0400

Brian is theorising about what would happen if he tried to publish an article, a scenario, or something useful for our gaming, with a Glorantha= n
setting.

Could not the time and effort spent in worrying about this more usefully = be
devoted to *writing* an article, scenario or other desideratum with a Gloranthan setting?

Then the said work could be submitted for publication to one of the established zines (Tales, Drastic Res), or sent here to the Daily, or submitted to the thus-far legendary Duck Point Press imprint, while we could all get on with business as usual.

As other posters have mentioned before, agonising about the technical legalities and precise impact of somewhat nebulous publication policies i= s
rather a waste of time: the fact is, Chaosium *are* encouraging and approving certain routes to publication, so if you have something worth printing, why not submit it and stop frotting about?

Any attempt to turn these generous publication guidelines into a formal renunciation of Greg's Gloranthan trademarks is doomed to ignominy, failure, and social disgrace. And rightly, too.

The trouble with this "discussion" isn't that it's meaningless: it's that=

it's so goddamned unnecessary. We *can* print stuff. We *do* print stuff.=

So why do you need to keep questioning this unlooked-for boon, in such a hackle-raising, trademark-infringing manner?

::::

Nick
::::