Telmori

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 12:42:00 -0700

From: <s.lucek_at_ic.ac.uk>

> If I run a scenario in the provinces I want to know if Orlanth worship is
strong there

Ah-ha! A useful question now!

I think the SFC would play it that Orlanthi worship is still stong there. He is the cultural god, the god who serves as the role model for boys and men. He is the male fertility god, the war god, the hunting god (or aspects of him are)... Orlanth is still IT. However, the provincial worshippers would play down the anti-moon sentiments. They would prob say O. Rex works for chieftains, but the chiefs still obey the provincial governor, as long as he is just and generous. (Good provincial governors try not to upset the natives.) IMO, the Lunar religion would be quite transparent to the every day life of the provincial Orlanthi. One could go for months without meeting an initiate of a lunar cult. However, if Uncle Hafnir wanted to lead trade caravans into Scylilla, he would do well to pay his dues and join the Etyries cult. But he could still be initated into Orlanth, Orlanth-Goodvoice/Issaries, and Etyries, no problem.

That's just our sort of answer. It may not be MGF for your campaign.

>Subject: Simple Telmori question

>Is it true that Telmori turn to giant wolves with protection from normal
weapons but not magic, iron and silver ? Or do they turn to werewolves those that were created by Hollywood ? I ask do they look like giant wolves or are they something different ?

Yay! Telmori!

They turn into giant wolves. Real wolves, not the silly half-man things of legend. In fact, the wolves that live with Telmori are also initates, and a good proportion of them are sentient, I believe. Is it not the case that occasionally a Telmori wonam wil give birth to a wolf pup, and that a wolf bitch may have a human baby? I think the Telmori are the most animal-like of all the hsuncheon.

I also play theTelmori humans as very wolflike. They sniff a lot, pee on things, don't like to be trapped indoors, and like their meat rare.

Pam (who lives in a house with four wolf-like dogs)